Envy 13 vs Spectre 13

ralaimo94

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
Hi,
I am planning on buying a new laptop. I love hp products, anyway I was not sure wether to buy an hp envy 13 or a spectre 13. Both the models I was considering have intel core i5 8250U CPUs. Apart from the touch screen, which I do not care about at all, and the astonishing design of the spectre, is there any other reason to prefer it over the envy?

-Roberto

Solution
The design of the HP Spectre 13 is indeed pretty spectacular, but I'd still go with the HP Envy 13 just because you get much more value from your purchase. Both are quality products, but the HP Spectre is 30 to 50% more expensive.

Here a few of the differences (click the links for full reviews of both products):

• - The Envy has a good-looking, quality design, but nowhere close to the Spectre I think
    - The Envy is pretty slim & light (0.51 thick, 2.8 pounds) but still more than the Spectre (0.41" thick, 2.45 pounds)
    - The battery life of the Spectre is longer than the Envy
    - The rest of the specs are pretty much the same. Both have great displays & sound, but maybe the Spectre is a bit better.
    - The Spectre is 30 to 50%...

nexxor

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
The design of the HP Spectre 13 is indeed pretty spectacular, but I'd still go with the HP Envy 13 just because you get much more value from your purchase. Both are quality products, but the HP Spectre is 30 to 50% more expensive.

Here a few of the differences (click the links for full reviews of both products):

• - The Envy has a good-looking, quality design, but nowhere close to the Spectre I think
    - The Envy is pretty slim & light (0.51 thick, 2.8 pounds) but still more than the Spectre (0.41" thick, 2.45 pounds)
    - The battery life of the Spectre is longer than the Envy
    - The rest of the specs are pretty much the same. Both have great displays & sound, but maybe the Spectre is a bit better.
    - The Spectre is 30 to 50% more expensive
Hope that helps your choice!

Solution

ralaimo94

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
Thank you, I think I am going to buy the Envy 13 after all. Its battery is actually far better than the Spectre's one in the latest models, that was the feature that finally convinced me. It also comes with traditional USB type A ports, which is good to me!