Epic Says 3DS is Weak Sauce Compared to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Oh Epic. You pumped all your resources into UT3 and couldn't figure out why that game bombed so bad. Nintendo systems have never had the hardware specs their competition has yet they still continue to outsell everyone. Maybe hardware isn't everything?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Though Shadow Complex would be cool on the 3DS, I just cant find myself buying a 3DS only to get cross-eyed after a few months. Epic can at least make a UE2 port for 3DS, and sell that. If the 3DS can play metal gear 3 like advertized, it can sure as hell support UE2.

G

"it'll feature PlayStation 2-level graphics"
I don't know why some people keep saying this, Snake Eater 3D and RE:Revelationa are CLEARLY above any PS2/Gamecube game in terms of graphics. Nintendo 3DS utilizes many advanced effects that are exclusive to the current-gen consoles(as demonstrated by capcom).
Iphone 4 might be a little bit more powerful that the 3ds but I'm pretty sure that epic is underestimating nintendo's new handheld.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Well, with the antennagate and glass crack problems, the iPhone 4 is anyway not a good phone. So one could call it a gaming console (if it doesn't suck at that as well)and compare it to dedicated consoles!

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Nintendo always has inferior hardware, it seems, yet their sales totally outclass their competitors. Apparently Mario is the ticket to success, not bleeding-edge hardware.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I still won't buy an iphone. $300 expensive? Try $600+ for an iphone that can't even do 3D. Epic? isn't that company a dinosaur? I mean after the disappointments in the Unreal series on the xbox360 and PC. I don't really think they have a lot of say.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Idort[/nom]"it'll feature PlayStation 2-level graphics"I don't know why some people keep saying this, Snake Eater 3D and RE:Revelationa are CLEARLY above any PS2/Gamecube game in terms of graphics.[/citation]
People are saying this because there's no way the iPhone4 is a better games device than the PS2. Therefore, if Epic can get their engine running on the iPhone4, they should be able to get it to run on a PS2, and thus, by definition, they should be able to get it to run on a 3DS.

I do agree that Epic probably just doesn't want to bother with the 3DS. They probably won't get anywhere with the iPhone4 either.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I'm sorry, until the iPhone/Touch gets a joystick and some input buttons it will never be anything but a casual gaming device

Being limited to touch screen only input will always leave it as a casual game paradise but a gaming machine wannabe. Who cares about amazing graphics if you can't control anything on screen in real time with precision

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
lol, how can a developer say something like that without even trying out the hardware? his statements hold zero merit until he gets a hold of one and have his r&d work on it.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
sure Epic can make pretty graphics, but on the other hand its a Shitty Engine. It is so buggy that a lot of people got pissed working on it.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
That's a real surprise, a company who usually doesn't have anything out for a Nintendo system not putting something out for a Nintendo system. Next up: Steve Jobs didn't buy a Zune.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
After he sees the 3DS, he'll eat his words. He'll want his Unreal games on it in 3D. This is what he'll see when he gets his hands on it $_$

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
ever notice how much people say the nintendo systems are underpowered and still anywhere you find a top 10 games of all time they have more slots than any other developer?

Status
Not open for further replies.