Solved! Epson 4010 projector sony bdvn5200w no sound

Dec 18, 2018
I recently got epson 4010 projector. Trying to connect this to sony bdvn5200w home theater system so that i can get audio out from the sony system. The sony system has 2 hdmi in and 1 hdmi out arc and 1 optical audio port. The projector has 2 hdmi ports. No optical port. I am mainly planning to stream fire tv. Right now i have fire tv connected to hdmi in of the sony system. Have hdmi running from sony hdmi out arc to the hdmi port of projector. I get video but no audio. Assuming that projector doesn’t have arc capability and sony arc is acting as hdmi out and sending both audio and video to the projector. Can someone help me out. Whats the best way to connect this?

Solution
Fire TV connects to HDMI input on Sony.
Sony HDMI output connects to the projector HDMI input.
Now check the settings on the Fire TV. They may not be compatible with the HTS as they are now set.
ARC is to get audio from the TV tuner or apps to an HTS without using an extra cable. Projectors don't have ARC since they don't usually have internal sources.
You have the connections right.
Select the HDMI input of the Sony you connected the Fire TV and you should get video and audio. If you don't then check the audio settings menu of the Fire TV and try changing the audio type there. If there is an input set up menu on the Sony then check that as well.

Dec 18, 2018

So how do I connect the projector to the home theater? Have the HDMI going into the other HDMI IN of the sony system instead of HDM arc? Basically fire tv connects to one HDMI IN of the sony system, other HDMI IN goes to projector, select fire tv input source, that's it?

Dec 18, 2018

Ya looks like some audio mismatch. Tried different setting but not luck. Same setup works for my playstation.