Epson WF-2660 driver install failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin_B

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having installing the drivers for a new Epson WF-2660 multifunction printer. The OS is Win7 64 bit – I am logged in as administrator and I have tried with the Virus software and Firewall turned on and off.

When installing from the provided CD or the web version from the Epson website I am getting an error message during the print driver installation. "An error occurred during setup. Restart your computer, then run setup again."

When I do this the same thing happens again. The Epson Help Desk have been unable to help.

I have tried installing the whole package of drivers from the Epson website and also just the printer drivers on their own with the same result.

I have also followed this procedure to no avail :)
http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/store/products/mainunits/faq/10831/2082

The vendor will exchange the printer if necessary but as it is ideal for my purposes I would rather persevere.

Many thanks in anticipation :)

Robin

Robin_B

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
Hi ffg7

Thanks for your suggestion :)
As a user I have administrator rights so I didn't think it necessary.
I have also run the install executable independently as administrator and separately in Safe mode.
I should add that I have successfully installed the printer to an older XP laptop without any problem so I am thinking the issue is the particular PC.
I'll have to reimage or upgrade I suspect.
Probably due anyway <sigh>

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.