Equivalent spec laptop

Joe Porter

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Good morning folks,

We have had a water damaged laptop die on us at work. They are refusing to replace it until they have filed an insurance claim. They are asking for an equivalent spec laptop for a Dell Vostro 1510, Intel Core 2 Duo T5670 1.8GHZ, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 250 GB HDD, 15.4 Inch screen. Does anyone know any laptops that are still in production that are anywhere near that spec?

This is an 8 year old laptop. I am amazed that any insurance would even cover a laptop so old. I had a look but can't find much myself. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places though. Anyone got any suggestions of places to look.

Thanks, Joe.

Solution
With those specs the only thing I can think of in production which comes close is the Lenovo G50-30. The Intel Celeron N2830 is pretty much equivalent to the T5670 in terms of performance. However the ram will be more and the HDD will be bigger, simply because no one makes laptops with that little ram and hdd.

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
With those specs the only thing I can think of in production which comes close is the Lenovo G50-30. The Intel Celeron N2830 is pretty much equivalent to the T5670 in terms of performance. However the ram will be more and the HDD will be bigger, simply because no one makes laptops with that little ram and hdd.

Solution

Joe Porter

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Thanks,

That is a lot closer to what I am after than what I have found. This whole situation is ridiculous to be honest, the processors are so old they were discontinued about 6 years ago. Give me some sand and a blow torch and I could probably make a replacement!