Solved! Error: screen laptop

Jul 30, 2019
Hi everybody.
My laptop screen is black when using battery. If using an adapter, it is normal.
Thank you for watching.

Solution
So it powers on but only gives you a black screen when on battery, but find when on the charger?

Try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
  3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
  4. In here go and check under both the "Display" section and also the section for when on "Battery" power. Make sure it is not set to turn the display off when on battery. It can happen.

Should nothing in there be the cause, then you may want to check which graphics the laptop is using when on each (battery/charger) and make sure it isn't using different ones. If so, then the one being used when on battery could be failing.

Lastly, if the...
So it powers on but only gives you a black screen when on battery, but find when on the charger?

Try this...

4. In here go and check under both the "Display" section and also the section for when on "Battery" power. Make sure it is not set to turn the display off when on battery. It can happen.

Should nothing in there be the cause, then you may want to check which graphics the laptop is using when on each (battery/charger) and make sure it isn't using different ones. If so, then the one being used when on battery could be failing.

Lastly, if the battery isn't putting out enough power, and in need of replacing, it could also be the culprit. In that case the only fix would be to replace the battery.

Reactions: qhquang1906
Solution
Jul 30, 2019

Try this...

Lastly, if the battery isn't putting out enough power, and in need of replacing, it could also be the culprit. In that case the only fix would be to replace the battery.
Thank you, But my laptop still works when the screen is black. I changed the battery. But it does not fix. My laptop lights up when there's an adapter.