Question error when plugging in usbkey or ext usb ssd??

Jan 29, 2021
Hi, i have a samsung r519 laptop, NOT every time, but sometimes when I plug in a usbkey or and ext usb ssd I get errors indication in device manager, and nothing showing for the drive in drive in disk management. this is driving me crackers - please help???

Reactions: Hydra119
Jan 29, 2021
Loose connection possibly or an electrical issue with the port. Does it happen on all the ports or just one?
Hi, thanks for answering, I don't know anything about electrical problems, all I know is that after MS updated to 2004 version, the usb ports started playing up....usbkey IN - USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE ERROR and usb ext ssd IN - USB ATTACHED SCSI (UAS) MASS STORAGE DEVICE ERROR!!! Doesn't happen ALL the time, but if I leave the usb ext ssd IN and leave it, it circles through 'the connect and dis-connect' sound you get when you plug as usb device into the laptop.....if I reboot with usb ext ssd (or usbkey) plugged in....it MOSTLY works and I can use it easily???!!! pss-ing me off!!!!!
In the end I reset windows.....only way - but it has now started coming back again....

Feb 8, 2021
If you get a pop-up message saying USB Device Not Recognized after plugging-in the USB to the PC, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below to fix this problem. 1. Open the Device Manager and scroll down to expand Universal Serial Bus controller. From here, select the USB Root Hub and right click over it to select Properties.
Alaska Employee PET Login

Last edited: