Estimated fps on my new laptop

alii98

Estimable
Nov 6, 2016
How much fps will i get on my new laptop with i3 6006U,4gb ram ddr4 2133mhz,1366x768 and r5 M430 on these games :
Skyrim(normal edition)
Middle Earth Shadow Of Mordor
Middle Earth Shadow Of War?
I will add another 4gb ddr4 2133mhz stick,and there will be 8gb ram dual channel,how much fps will i get then?

Solution
The Radeon R5 M430 is a very weak GPU. It is basically similar to the nVidia 910m in overall gaming performance and only ranked marginally higher than the Intel HD 520 in the i3-6006u. See link below for some game benchmarks which includes none of the 3 games. Skyrim should be playable with medium settings, I would say on average low 30's FPS.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R5-M430.160119.0.html

When using a dedicated GPU like the R5 M430, system RAM operating in dual channel mode will not have any significant impact on FPS. You only get a decent boost when using integrated graphics like the Intel HD 520 because it uses system RAM to load textures. However, adding more RAM can improve performance because that means there...
The Radeon R5 M430 is a very weak GPU. It is basically similar to the nVidia 910m in overall gaming performance and only ranked marginally higher than the Intel HD 520 in the i3-6006u. See link below for some game benchmarks which includes none of the 3 games. Skyrim should be playable with medium settings, I would say on average low 30's FPS.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R5-M430.160119.0.html

When using a dedicated GPU like the R5 M430, system RAM operating in dual channel mode will not have any significant impact on FPS. You only get a decent boost when using integrated graphics like the Intel HD 520 because it uses system RAM to load textures. However, adding more RAM can improve performance because that means there is more physical RAM for both Windows and the games to work with. When there is not enough RAM Windows begins to swap data between system RAM and the hard drive (or SSD). That will definitely affect game performance. It is generally recommended nowadays that a laptop has a minimum of 8GB of RAM.

There are ways to improve Skyrim's performance by editing the SkyrimPref.ini file. I got Skyrim to run pretty decently on my friend's laptop a few years ago by editing the SkyrimPref.ini file to disable shadows all together and reduce some texture size among other edits. You can Google how to edit that ini file to improve performance. There are also mods you can download that has smaller textures than what the game has by default. My friend's laptop has a 4th gen Core i5-4200u and the Intel HD 4400. I was able to tweak the game so that Skyrim ran decently well with a mix of low and medium settings at 1600x900 resolution. For the most part I think Skyrim was running at 35 FPS to 40 FPS unless there was some intense combat.

Solution