Every time I plug in my dell laptop, the charger light goes away and my computer won't turn on. What is wrong???

Jul 18, 2018
It is a fairly new Dell laptop, barely over a year old, and the charger light will be on when it is only plugged into the wall, but as soon as it is plugged into the computer the light just goes away. I don't know what to do to fix it.

Solution

Maybe, but since you mention no drop or liquid damage, the easiest/logical thing to blame is an easily replaceable charger than open the laptop (do you have experience working with tinny electronics and have tools?)

I would just take into Best Buys, have them plug in a good charger, they may not even charge you anything for that, and if charger not at fault, well then you can decide whether to let them work it further.

If u feel like adventurous, can open it on your own, careful with delicate cables u can break, and check it out, maybe a bug got in there but todays electronics are so tightly packed kinda doubt it.
Jul 18, 2018
I don't think so because it only goes out when plugged into the computer. I read that it might be some kind of short circuit, but I haven't done anything to it for that to happen.

Maybe, but since you mention no drop or liquid damage, the easiest/logical thing to blame is an easily replaceable charger than open the laptop (do you have experience working with tinny electronics and have tools?)

I would just take into Best Buys, have them plug in a good charger, they may not even charge you anything for that, and if charger not at fault, well then you can decide whether to let them work it further.

If u feel like adventurous, can open it on your own, careful with delicate cables u can break, and check it out, maybe a bug got in there but todays electronics are so tightly packed kinda doubt it.

Solution