Everytime I turn on my PC I have music playing and I can only get rid of it by m

Status
Not open for further replies.

keimanzero

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
:fou: Darn it! I had this whole question written out and then after I registered and logged back in it disappeared OK here we go again:

HP Pavilion p6330f Windows 7 Home premium desktop PC

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (internal monitor speakers) 6.0.1.6196

Avant 2011 version 27; Firefox 3.6.18; IE8; Opera 11.50; Chrome 12; Sleipnir 2.9.7 build 2907400

Problem happens on all browsers. I keep getting annoying and very unfamiliar background music that keeps playing even when I run a video or audio or click a link in an email or elsewhere.

Muting takes it away but it takes away all sounds too. Any idea how to seek out the program to blame and eliminate the source? I know there's got to be a real simple workaround but so far I have not found it. Please help me before I go baka over it.

Thanks a lot- JKMc/keimanzero SOA :ouch:

jacobboe89

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
i might guess it to be a virus or some type of auto run driver . many years ago , in the day of dial up , i had some virus that would at random times cause my modem to start playing classical music , restarting the computer would make it go away for a while. one my friends who knows more about computers got rid of it for me

keimanzero

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011

Yeah but it's no virus. All the scans are clean. So I started eliminating programs one by one and finally found it was video game music and when I turned off the music the game still ran but w/o music. Should have thought of that sooner but thanks jb and have a nice day tomorrow- keimanzero SOA :)

jughead4158

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Can I ask you do you have Bluetooth devices on your computer, if so there's a radio player piece of software that plays in the background whether you like it or not when you installed the Bluetooth it was added with the driver that you installed with it. check to see if your Bluetooth is turned on or off in the control panel of your computer. it might be the cause of the problem

Also If your monitor runs RCA cables to it and HDTV connections to it at the same time you get this effect its a glitch in the Realtek hardware and driver its not going to go away unless you disconnect some of the sound cables to your computer and monitor

keimanzero

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011

Good try jughead. Man that takes me back a ways! I remember reading those Archie comics and watching the cartoons on TV as a kid. Hopalong Cassidy, Cisco Kid, Lone Ranger, Clutch Cargo, Space Angel, Thunderbirds, 3 Stooges- the list goes on and on my friends! Hey I am almost 65 ya know but I still feel as young as my anime heroes Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) and InuYasha- 15!

Anyway Bluetooth, HDTV setups, RCA cables, none answer my problem because I never installed any of them. OK we have Bluetooth in the SUV but we have yet to hook it up.

I think I found the problem though. When Maxthon 4 my new cloud browser decides to refresh and reload all the tabs it activates anything with music and/or video like YouTube, Hulu, games, video ads &c. Still a pain in the a** but at least now I know the cause!

Gotta put down some rock salt on our walks before the snow gets here in an hour- another 1-3 inches according to the almanac (I never trust TV weather! Almanac has been spot on for 400+ years and TV always makes errors in forecasts) with a wind chill below zero F. Winds getting up now. Thanks again and don't be a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.