Evesham laptop Sempron 2800+ video drivers

JacobTheFox

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
Hi. So I was recently given this old Evesham laptop (the company no longer exists) and the CPU is a Sempron 2800+. I was wondering if anybody knows where to get video drivers for the CPU, if there is any. Thanks.

Solution
Hi

I am fairly sure the AMD sempron cpu did not have integtated graphics on the CPU, it would be on the motherboard chipset
without the exact laptop model it would be difficult to find out the exact specification

If the laptop still boots up to Windows XP or latter there are several diagnostic programs which will identify the graphics chip
Piriform speccy is the first one which comes to mind

regards
Mike Barnes

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

I am fairly sure the AMD sempron cpu did not have integtated graphics on the CPU, it would be on the motherboard chipset
without the exact laptop model it would be difficult to find out the exact specification

If the laptop still boots up to Windows XP or latter there are several diagnostic programs which will identify the graphics chip
Piriform speccy is the first one which comes to mind

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution

JacobTheFox

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017

I'm unsure as to the exact model, but I do have WinXP installed so I'll give that a try. Thanks.

JacobTheFox

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
I managed to find the correct Chipset driver and what at first didn't look like the correct integrated graphics one, but it definitely improved the laptops performance. Thanks again.