Ex-boyfriend Used Craigslist for Woman's Rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Both are at equal fault. The ex-BF is simply disgusting for thinking up such a plan and the person who carried it out was careless and obviously had no regard for the truth. You would think to protect himself he'd have face to face confirmation first. Either way, both sides are repulsive. Craigslist isn't to blame, it could have happened on any forum as well.

G

Craigslist needs tighter controls.

This kind of thing has been going on for far too long. Not only this kind of thing, but people posting whole contents of a home for free and other stuff like that where next thing you know, people are showing up and taking your stuff before you can even stop them. Then you find out it's cause someone posted it on Craigslist. Seen this in the news numerous times.

Plus all the other crap that gets posted on Craigslist.

Stolen or pirated merchandise for sale.
Identity theft scams in the Job search section.
Pyramid schemes.

Chances are, you name it, you can find it in Craigslist.

leafman420

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
WOW!!! I have had some bad girlfriends, but I have to wounder what the hell she did to him that made him do this. Well I will say the ex boyfriend should be shot. I can't believe that someone would do that to another person. I don't like what McDowell was looking for, but it seems like he done this before. Yea I do agree, he should have had face to face conformation. I don't know how a the Judge is going to look at this, and I don't think I like to be in the Judge's shoe's on this one..... I'm sorry but i do have to say " That is ONE F**ked UP Thing He Did."

Sorry for the word but that is what I think abut that.

Gigahertz20

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I blame McDowell, didn't he ever think someone could just be posing as this woman? How stupid can you be, if someone post a message online that says I live at 7827 Walnut Lane and I would like someone to sneak into my house at night and cut my balls off, wouldn't you at least confirm with the person that they wrote that before you agree to do it. For working at a hospital's radiology department, this guy is pretty stupid.

Perhaps he just didn't care and figured if it was someone posing as this woman, he could just blame them for posting the ad.

As a side comment, he must have thought the woman was one hell of an actor. I can imagine him thinking this while he was raping her, "Damn, this bitch really knows how to act out screaming and fighting, if I didn't know any better, I would think she was actually getting raped."

beergoggles

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Out to the whipping post for both of them tomorrow at dawn. Over population, dwindling resources, we can start culling out the obvious bad actors :-(

G

Wow.. Im surprised they didnt give out Mcdowells home address and phone number

G

Craigslist is based on essence of the internet: freedom. There is no way craigslist is at fault. It is like saying that the knife is at fault that was used in a murder.
The boyfriend and the rapist are the main criminals and they are charged appropriately. Lets hope they get what they deserve.

reconspartan

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
sounds fishy. The girlfriend must have been looking for someone to rape as well. Stipe should get 12 years, McDowell 3, and the GF should get 3 as well for doing whatever she did to piss of Stipe as well as for looking at the same ads as McDowell. Clearly she was going to hurt someone. I'm just kidding; not really, I hate dumb cunts. Lock them all up.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Stipe. Stupid scumbag put the ad on there and started this shit in the first place. What a DOUCHE BAG. Seriously, I mean CMON! This is the sort of thing I know people think of. He probably wanted to get "back at her" but was cunning enough to do some seriously twisted shit like this. Who would do that???

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Gigahertz20[/nom]I blame McDowell, didn't he ever think someone could just be posing as this woman? How stupid can you be, if someone post a message online that says I live at 7827 Walnut Lane and I would like someone to sneak into my house at night and cut my balls off, wouldn't you at least confirm with the person that they wrote that before you agree to do it. For working at a hospital's radiology department, this guy is pretty stupid.Perhaps he just didn't care and figured if it was someone posing as this woman, he could just blame them for posting the ad.As a side comment, he must have thought the woman was one hell of an actor. I can imagine him thinking this while he was raping her, "Damn, this bitch really knows how to act out screaming and fighting, if I didn't know any better, I would think she was actually getting raped."[/citation]He corresponded with her/him.. some people are crazy and don't know any better!

G

[citation][nom]amjosh[/nom]Craigslist is based on essence of the internet: freedom. There is no way craigslist is at fault.[/citation]
Not True....CraigsList is based in the United States of America and as such is legally responsible for the content posted.

They have already been forced by State and Federal Law to comply with certain issues regarding the posting of certain items and materials plus the most recent ruling against the posting of sexual prostitution in the open areas of Craigslist.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Gigahertz20[/nom]As a side comment, he must have thought the woman was one hell of an actor. I can imagine him thinking this while he was raping her, "Damn, this bitch really knows how to act out screaming and fighting, if I didn't know any better, I would think she was actually getting raped."[/citation]
Well, McDowell is obviously not the brightest candle, but I'd bet the ex-boyfriend was sure to tell him how she would be roleplaying the entire time.
"Now, I'm going to scream and fight the whole time, so make sure you gag me and tie me up!"
"kk. i bring rope lawlz!"

Status
Not open for further replies.