Excel Hyperlink Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanaamr

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
I have nearly around 200 hyper-links in my excel sheet and casually all the hyper-links were automatically stopped from working and the exact path has changed, can you please provide me with a solution? thanks in advance,

Solution
Seems clear enough.

The physical drive letter or partition letter has changed since those hyperlinks were created, though I can't say why (unless someone has moved the target files).

If that's all that has changed in the hyperlink path, simply edit the hyperlinks (change 'D' to 'C'), or move the target files back to where they were originally on drive D.

Incidentally, I wouldn't class this as "corruption". It's just an incorrect path for whatever reason.

zanaamr

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Yes, the file structure has been changed. For example, at the first time i created the hyperlink for some files in D drive so that when you were clicking the specified cell it was directly taking you the D:/.../... , but the "path" has been changed from D to C and i don't know what is the problem? in addition, it is not only 1 hyperlink that's corrupted, all the other hyperlinks have the same issue. Hope it is clear

Seems clear enough.

The physical drive letter or partition letter has changed since those hyperlinks were created, though I can't say why (unless someone has moved the target files).

If that's all that has changed in the hyperlink path, simply edit the hyperlinks (change 'D' to 'C'), or move the target files back to where they were originally on drive D.

Incidentally, I wouldn't class this as "corruption". It's just an incorrect path for whatever reason.

Solution

zanaamr

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Thank you dear Phillip, appreciate your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.