Extended battery for Lenovo G50-70 laptop not charging

Beggega

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
I bought an used G50-70 laptop without battery. I ordered for it a battery from ebay. (LINK)
The voltage is 14,8V (instead of 14,4V it would be normally) and the capasity is 4400mAh/65Wh (normally 2200mAh/32Wh).
Now when I put the battery to the laptop it says plugged in, charging at 61%. Nevertheless it won't really charge battery and it stays at 61%. Also when I unplug the charger (it's a stock charger, rated 20V and 2,25A = 45W) the laptop shuts down immediately and won't work at all only with the battery. I've tried to uninstall the acpi battery driver and let the windows install it back itself. Also I tried to install lenovo's energy management software and tried to change settings from there but no progress.
Do you think that the battery is incompatible with my laptop or is it just my stock charger too weak for it?

Specs for my G50-70:
CPU: i7-4500U
GPU: intel hd 4400
Rated intake from charger is 20V 2,25A on the bottom of the laptop

I ordered a new charger rated 20V 3,25A = 65W. I think it should work since the other G50-70 model with dedicated graphics has this charger normally.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi,

In case that the new battery that you're ordering will not work again I would suggested getting the OEM battery which has the correct voltage so time and money wise won't be wasted. :)

Here's the OEM battery for your laptop.
http://www.amazon.com/Li-ion-Battery-2200mAh-Lenovo-Genuine/dp/B00UGYQ6YE

But if all these will not work that could only mean that there's a problem inside the motherboard. The battery terminal where the battery and motherboard meets might have some loose solder.

Beggega

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
I bought an original battery but it behaves exactly the same way as the battery I had before. The laptop won't work unplugged at all and the battery won't charge (Even though OS detects the battery correctly and says "plugged in, charging".