External battery for the Razer Blade 2014 edition

Jony77

Estimable
Oct 30, 2015
Hi all,

I've been looking for an external battery for my razer blade, since replacing it myself isn't done easily (they don't sell the battery seperate) and sending it to the US from the EU is expensive.

I've come to the idea to by an external battery instead. I want this one: http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-Pilot-Pro-32000mAh-Multi-Voltage/dp/B00DN0KBXU

It says it can output 19V at 4,5A I believe, but the charger of the razer blade has an output of 19V 7A. I don't know if this will cause any problems?

Would love to hear from you.

I think the external battery charger can slowly charge the laptop as long as you are not playing games on it. However, if you play games then at best you will probably prolong battery life a bit until the internal battery is drained even if the external battery still has power.

Also take into consideration that if the laptop does not detect a sufficient power source, it may even charge to protect itself from an unknown and inadequate power source. So in other words, the laptop may not even work with the eternal battery.