External headset Microphone not working!!

HamzaEndou

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Hi everyone! A year back I bought Dell - 5421 (Touch) core i3. But now somehow I'm facing a strange problem with external microphone. The internal microphone works fine and even picks up the sound from the surrounding, now I want to use headset microphone. When using headset microphone the Headset works but microphone doesn't. The problem is that before plugging in the headset the internal mic picks up sound but when I plug the headset in the external microphone doesn't show up in the Recording devices and it also doesn't work and moreover the internal microphone also stops working but the headset still gives sound. Upon plugging the internal microphone doesn't pick up any sound from the surrounding and it's green bars in the recording Devices doesn't come up. Hope someone will help me...

PS:- My laptop has only one audio jack so I have also used a Headphone Splitter (Adapter). And I have two headphone and tested both of them on other laptop and their microphones work fine on that but they don't work on mine so the would be with my Laptop.

Any help will be Appreciated