Solved! External Monitor connected to iGPU?

Dec 12, 2019
Hi There,

I recently got an Acer 144hz IPS (FreeSync) Monitor to be connected to my 14" Razer Blade 1060GTX Laptop. sadly, the laptop does not have a DP and as we know HDMI does not support 144Hz. I have connected my laptop to the monitor via Type C (thunderbolt) in Laptop to DP (in Monitor). The Settings show that my monitor is connected to my iGPU and not the dedicated one. And I for a point know that the iGPU does not support 144Hz. Is there a way that the Monitor can actually be connected to the GPU so it could utilize that 144Hz Monitor?

Or Do I do Type-C to DP Female - Then DP Male to DP Male. Will that help?
I'm starting to think that the 144Hz Monitor was probably a waste of money.

Thanks

Solution
HDMI can do 144hz, issue is that the monitor and laptop have to have the supported revision of that spec to work at that refresh rate.

You can just run it at a lower refresh rate.

You will need to look at your laptop manual or support web page if you can route the USB C output to run off the nVidia card. Running adapters past the port won't do anything.
HDMI can do 144hz, issue is that the monitor and laptop have to have the supported revision of that spec to work at that refresh rate.

You can just run it at a lower refresh rate.

You will need to look at your laptop manual or support web page if you can route the USB C output to run off the nVidia card. Running adapters past the port won't do anything.

Solution