Solved! EXTERNAL MONITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2020
So I have a gaming laptop and an Alienware 2518hf monitor. When I plug in my external monitor via hdmi my laptop screen goes black and my monitor gets no signal. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Solution
Windows External Display Settings
Setting up the external display on Windows is simple. Connect the external monitor to the VGA or HDMI port on your laptop and power on the monitor.
Right click empty space on DeskTop and select Display Settings
Click the Multiple Displays drop-down menu and select Extend These Displays. You cannot select a primary display when cloning your screen or showing a single monitor.
Click the external monitor from the top picture. If you have trouble identifying the monitor, click Identify to see a number on both screens. The number displayed on your monitor corresponds to the number on the graphic.
Check Make This My Main Display and click Apply. Click OK...

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
Windows External Display Settings
Setting up the external display on Windows is simple. Connect the external monitor to the VGA or HDMI port on your laptop and power on the monitor.
Right click empty space on DeskTop and select Display Settings
Click the Multiple Displays drop-down menu and select Extend These Displays. You cannot select a primary display when cloning your screen or showing a single monitor.
Click the external monitor from the top picture. If you have trouble identifying the monitor, click Identify to see a number on both screens. The number displayed on your monitor corresponds to the number on the graphic.
Check Make This My Main Display and click Apply. Click OK to save all of the changes close the window. Test out the system to ensure your settings are correct. The external monitor should function as the primary display but you can still drag items between the laptop and external monitor.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.