External Speaker does not work at all

kayvein

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
Guys, i have serious issues and i'm getting tired of this.

First, I had my HDMI plugged into my LG TV, the picture was fine but no audio at all ! Dont tell me to go to playback device and set it as default because it was not there ! ( ticked the show disabled devices ) ! I give up on it

Second, My laptop is ASUS S551L, it doesnt have built in bluetooth so i bought bluetooth adapter. The adapter works fine and able to connect with my Bluetooth Speaker, the button on the speaker was fine too.. but no sound at all again ! its as if the speaker was not detected at the playback devices...

Third, i thought maybe bluetooth sucks and i tried to use AUX cable instead.. still no luck.. i'm getting tired with this.. can anyone help me with these issues..

i wonder could it be that laptop with 2 VGA cards actually have problem with these kind of thing ?

Would really appreciate all your help guys !

Hi,

About your first problem with your laptop having no sound using HDMI cable.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics card driver.
- Once installed reboot your laptop then make sure that your TV is set as the default playback device.

About using AUX cable for your laptop, was it a 3.5mm cable that you connect to your laptop to a speaker or have you tried using a headphone?
- Do also try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver that may help.
- Go back to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Download and install the latest sound driver from Asus Support site.
- Make sure to set the speaker or headphone as the default playback device and see if it would work.
- Your last resort would be to reinstall Windows.