External storage ASUS zenpad Z500

kenneth5610

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Going for an expedition in some months. Will bring some cameras, my pad and have a need to store pictures and movies from my cameras SD cards. How can this be done? Is it a good way to connect a hard drive to the pad and transfer my data?

I personally would not suggest storage on the tablet. It is to easy to then lose the data if the tablet goes missing, dies, breaks, etc.

You could, however, transfer them to it and then upload them to a cloud account or google account, and save them there. If the tablet has an internet connection. This would give you a safer location for the data.

I would see if the tablet and the camera use the same size cards. If that is the case, you can just take the SD card out of the camera and place it in the tablet to move the files. Just be careful doing this as to not damage the card.

kenneth5610

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

kenneth5610

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
HiThe tablet has not the space needed. I need a storage of 1 TB. Therefore the external hard drive. The tablet is just used as a tool for reading and transfer ofta data. However, not all external add ons are supported by ASUS. The question is If Therese are any known drives working with My Zenpad.Innthe djungle I will have no Internet.

I see. I know of no drives that specifically work with that particular tablet. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer directly for that info, since it seems like it is important that it work as requested, and in an other than average environment. Try talking with/contacting the tablets manufacturer first, then, if they give you any suggestions, try talking with the drive manufacturers. I know it seems like a bit of work to do, but in this case it is better to be safe than sorry I think.

kenneth5610

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017