Extra slot for SSD?

Apr 20, 2018
I have an Acer aspire nitro 5. It came with 1 tb hard drive. If there is a slot for an additional SSD where is it ? I only see the door on the back for the original hard drive. I'd like to add the SSD to run windows and put games on storage. I already bought a 2.5 SSD 480gb. Any help would be great full

Solution
You will have to take that SSD back and get an m.2 ssd card. If you take the whole bottom panel off, there is an m.2 slot for an m.2 ssd. Then at that point, you can go ahead and use the Microsoft Windows 10 media Creation tool to create a bootable USB Windows 10 Installer. At THAT point, you can then install Windows 10 onto the m.2 SSD and used the HDD as a storage drive.

Randi Poling

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
You will have to take that SSD back and get an m.2 ssd card. If you take the whole bottom panel off, there is an m.2 slot for an m.2 ssd. Then at that point, you can go ahead and use the Microsoft Windows 10 media Creation tool to create a bootable USB Windows 10 Installer. At THAT point, you can then install Windows 10 onto the m.2 SSD and used the HDD as a storage drive.

Solution