RainOfPain125

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
As of late Teamviewer has decided to update it's software to have more rigorous auto detection of users using their software for "commercial use". I have been one of those people and can no longer use TeamViewer privately without buying an entire business license - which I am definitely not buying as I definitely do not use TV commercially / make a profit off of using their program, nor am I a business.

Is there another remote control desktop app that is as simple and effective as TV? Please do not suggest join.me and it has tons of bugs and severely limits use when needing to do things that requires administrator privileges.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Which version of TeamViewer are you using?
I'm on v9.0.93332, and have not seen any change.

I use it to control my HTPC from my main PC.

RainOfPain125

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017

Er well I didn't mean windows remote desktop. Just any other program that can fulfill the same purpose teamviewer does.

I have been using TV for connecting to my friends, which they host gameservers. I help them setup / fix their gameserver when they run into problems with bugs or etc. I also help install other things into their PC to keep everything all gud. Which is why join.me isn't an option, as join.me basically blocks everything you're doing when you run into requiring administrator access.

RainOfPain125

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017

I use the latest version of TV at all times. But I've tried downgrading and that does not fix the problem whatsoever.