Extremely poor performance in new Lenovo Y50

ColecoVision

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015
I'm getting less than 45 FPS in CS:GO on low settings, which doesn't make sense. I have the latest Intel drivers for the integrated chip installed, and nVidia driver 353.62 installed, and the performance is horrible for a 960m and an i7-4720HQ. I've gone through the nVidia control panel and set the games to use the dedicated card, and I've set it to the High Performance power plan, but still nothing.

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Have you checked your other drivers? On a few of my laptops after moving to windows 10 were acting super buggy and slow because they had rolled back half the hardware drivers to 2006 versions. The touchpad/mouse one seemed to be the biggest offender. Also a few system device drivers were doing it as well. Intel Management engine and another... something to do with the drivers involving energy or possibly powerplan was causing both my i7/980m and my i5/940m laptops to erratically switch between integrated graphics and dedicated at times they weren't suppose to. Also, going to desktop or putting into sleep mode while gaming then returning to game may also cause this. Updating drivers through device manager is not the way to go. You should get them either through your computer manufacture's website or through the hardware vendor's website/installed program for optimal performance. Do you have a program that is showing your gpu is in use during gaming?

ColecoVision

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015

I used GPU-Z to monitor GPU use during CS:GO and the core clock seems to jump from 1100 MHz to 135 MHz occasionally, along with the load% jumping anywhere from 60's/70's to 20's, and the PerfCap Reason is showing as like a half max operating voltage/voltage reliability and GPU utilization.

jsmurray2

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
I have a y50 too try installing GeForce experience for latest drivers and to optimize your games it worked for me. If not try to clean install windows or clear up bloatware but that shouldn't be necessary.

Alislak

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
i have the same problem guys i tryed everything to solve it but no way i run cs go with 120 fps all settings low and it drop to 80 90 which is very laggy