F.E.A.R. 3 Hitting PC, Consoles This Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Believe it or not, it's been almost five years since the original F.E.A.R. title hit the PC, launching October 17, 2009. I don't believe it.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]bdcrlsn[/nom]Sry, double post.[/citation]

click "Read the comments on the forums" and there you can edit your double post

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
FEAR 2 was the typical sequel let-down! Anyone who genuinely enjoyed that game surely never experienced the original (along with its expansion packs). I hope the 3rd one will go back to its roots and just use the same formula, because let's face it, that formula was rather great!

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
im not too excited about fear 3, 2 was not enjoyable but im still gonna play it, because fear is one of those fps you just gotta play, it still creeps me out when i hear alma on my rear speakers

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
honestly IMHO i am not really interested in this game, i didnt like the first ones even playing with headphones, i know this game was the S**t for pc benchmarks but now with crysis all the hype is gone

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]I didn't buy Fear 2, because they didn't update the engine. I won't buy fear 3 if they cheap out on the dev costs this time around, too. My name is Daryl, and I'm a graphics whore. But I'm certainly not ashamed, and I expect a Q4 09 game to look better than most Q4 06-Q1 07 games. That's exactly why I haven't bought Bioshock 2, as well. If they give point man his original FEAR abilities, upgrade the graphics like they should have with 2, and leave out the stupid Lost planet-esque Mechs, I'll be very happy.[/citation]

You've obviously NEVER played F.E.A.R. 2. They got rid of all a lot of the blandness that was in F.E.A.R. 1. The graphics were improved by a HUGE amount and it ran much better for the graphics it offered. F.E.A.R. 2 was a REALLY good game imo, even though they lost the lonely, creepy atmosphere somewhat. The Mechs were also a nice change of pace and simply a blast to blast guys apart in.

To be honest, I actually enjoyed FEAR2 more than Far Cry 2, though not nearly as much as L4D2. (I LOVE L4D2.)

I am definitely psyched for this F3AR. I think the next step is a more open world and less scripted sequences... well, they can leave the scripted sequences, but they should make multiple paths to the objectives and have different scripts activate depending on the path you choose.

PS:
Wow Kevin you certainly confused the heck out of me for a second... then I realized that FEAR came out in 2005.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I hope F.E.A.R. 3 doesn't have that hazy filtering thing going on that F.E.A.R. 2 had. It made me uninstall it promptly. The first game release was ace.

B16CXHatch

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]FEAR 2 was the typical sequel let-down! Anyone who genuinely enjoyed that game surely never experienced the original (along with its expansion packs). I hope the 3rd one will go back to its roots and just use the same formula, because let's face it, that formula was rather great![/citation]

I played both the original and the second game. I enjoyed the second game. Gameplay wise, I found the second superior. To actually play, it was a lot more fun. The original though had a much scarier atmosphere and better story. If F3AR manages to mix the two aspects well enough, it'll make for a good game, however, its development is being handed off to another studio so I'm not expecting too much.

mrboycom

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
FEAR is the scary game. So the game suppose to be scary. Fair story should be 50% scary part and 50% combat. And combat should be catchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS