F1 Designer Debuts Ultra-Efficient One-Seater

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vir_cotto

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]How crash-worthy is it? Is it prone to tipping? Can it handle wind? It probably makes more sense than a motorcycle, but only if it is reasonably safe.[/citation]
Bah, Motorcycles look, way better than this thing, more agile and much more pleasurable :)

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Might look into this, cheapest cars here start at £6k+ so if its around that it would be fantastic. Either that or Im doing my bike licence and getting a bike. Someone needs to invent the mini of this generation (new mini destroyed what the mini truely stood for) A cheap, low cost affordable car that wasn't as dangerous as a reliant robin lol

SinclairSpeccy

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
[citation][nom]flaminggerbil[/nom]I find that someonewhat ironic coming from an American.[/citation]

Being an American he won't understand the concept of irony!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Sinclair I think all three of you are idiots *yes I'm an american*. Because the bottom line wither it's put together aka built in America or Britian the parts still come from Taiwan.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
But I have 3 very good reasons behind my reasoning. TVR, Lotus, and Jaguar. Even Noble and Austin Martin are considered poor builds by super car standards.

Vicely if you are looking at good build quality you are looking at German, and non-union US/Canada that compose most of the assembly for cars in the world. Its very important to note non-union. Union labor just plain sucks.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Smart.....if somehow I knew of a clever little phrase to say how such a small "car" can be such a big POS. I'd drive a domestic rather then this.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]I'm more concerned about what happens when a Hummer crashes into a concrete barrier, with a smartcar or this between the two. Or the kind of whiplash you'll get in a head-on collision with a normal-sized car when you go from 40mph to -39mph (of course it's not that extreme, but you get my point)[/citation]

There's also the fact that you decelerate from 70-0 in a fraction of a second. That alone can kill somebody. That's one reason small cars aren't quite as safe as large cars. Larger crumple zone = less force transfer to the passengers of the vehicle.

thud2

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I agree that these may not be safe alongside Tractor Trailers and SUV's but I for one would love to see an urban area populated by only these types of vehicles. Imagine New York City with only these on the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.