Fable III Announced, Fable II Goes Episodic

Status
Not open for further replies.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
wow this sounds really good, too bad it takes so long to develop :( i want it now.
the episodes seem pretty cool too, make more game play with the same game engines, save money and time by not having to rework all the graphics, ect.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Based on Peter Molyneaux's comments about previous games vs. how they actually turned out, nothing in this article will ever happen. He hypes up his games with amazing concepts, but they never actually come to be.

kewl munky

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
So I'm guessing they'll make a third bar to go along with the other two bars of good/evil and pure/corrupt to fill the stupid new features that have consequences.

How about instead of adding random shit let's improve upon what's there. Make the entire game loaded at once, or else larger portions that way. Improve the combat system. With Fable II it felt as if multiple steps were taken back. The storyline needs to be much much much much much longer and the game needs different difficulty levels. And we need to be able to actually DIE again!

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Late 2010 is a bit too early for release. Please Peter, take your time to develop a great storyline, great graphics, and less bugs.

There is nothing worst than release a great game but get bad score because of buggy game plays.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]kewl munky[/nom]...Make the entire game loaded at once...[/citation]
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? This would require such a ludicrous amount of hardware backing for it to actually run.

cykro

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
[citation][nom]trkorecky[/nom]You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? This would require such a ludicrous amount of hardware backing for it to actually run.[/citation]

not really no...
I gues what he means is "no loading between areas". that can be achieved by dynamic loading and unloading. Alot of games use this nowadays, makes for a much better gameplay experience IMHO.
Would be awesome for fable.

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Fable2 felt like a flop, all the fun stuff was gone, I didn't feel anything for the story. So why are they going to sell it in 'parts'?

Sorax

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Loved Fable II. By the end of the game I owned everything including the castle. Being the actual King was exactly what I wanted to be. Mr. Molyneux is heading the series in a great direction and now that he's Microsoft's Creative Director I'd imagine his resources are huge.

As always, his description is ambitious and if Fable III delivers on half of it it'll be fun. But if it gets close to delivering on all the ambition it'll be something really special.

I expect Fable III to be a headline Natal enabled title. What does everyone else think?

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]Sorax[/nom]I expect Fable III to be a headline Natal enabled title. What does everyone else think?[/citation]

I was hoping for that myself. As long as it isn't as creepy as "Milo" was I think it'd be cool.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Yah I think that the next Fable is going to be a Natal Launch title,its pretty obvious with the gustures he wants to put in the game.I'm not sure i understand this re-relaseing Fable 2 on a pay per episode basis,console users have the full thing now, why would they shell out more for the same thing just cut up in to smaller portions? Or is this something they want to stick PC users with?Crap we arent getting Gears 2 or Halo 3 , now this?Sorry for the tangent but no one seems to have noticed that.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Nothing he explained sounds like it would "throw away the foundation stone" of RPGs, which have already been constantly evolving since the 80's so I don't know where he pulled that one out of his ass or why on earth Kevin Parrish sees that as a valid point.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Oh yes and I forgot to add, it's just more Molyneaux spin. We should all be used to - and yawning at - his sensationalist antics by now.

hallic7

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I don't think that any game out there in terms of ruler of a massive world can compare to Civilization... that's just my opinion

Fable 3 will combine ruler and rpg experience which sounds very interesting!! Let's wait 10 years for the final release!! LOL

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
We will see but I think Fable III will fall short of the stated goals/features. Fable II was a good game but there is certainly a lot of improvement to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.