Facebook Accidentally Rolls Out Facebook Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhf5006

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
you mean the "original" facebook? b4 they completely fucked up everything and i refuse to engage in martini drinks, snowball fights and ffs any other useless add on?

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
To be honest, what on earth would be the point of reducing features on Facebook? FriendsFeed or Twitter with comments disabled sounds like a bad time to me. If you want a Facebook Lite, how about cutting out all the garbage junky little applications that are a waste of time.

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
It says that "and said it was like Twitter with comments enabled."

ENABLED not DISABLED.
I think facebook lite is going to be nice. All the apps and stuff were fun at first but they get old fast. I ignore so many requests for mafia wars and cooking farm or whatever. Many, many others too... I see it being better for people who use facebook mostly on their phones.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]If you want a Facebook Lite, how about cutting out all the garbage junky little applications that are a waste of time.[/citation]

Or just don't install them ffs

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Well since i visit facebook only for status updates and pics,,, perhaps i'm already using the lite version. Twitter? i don't think i'm that narcissistic to be updating my status as frequent as twitter users do. Myspace? that's pretty much my geocities page with dancing gif icons and poor coding.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
If they kept the same interface, but took away a lot of the extra features that increase the load time, that would be amazing for when your stuck with dial-up sometimes. (Aka when a single page loads in 2 minutes, without even pictures.)

onsiteone

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Just get rid of all those stupid apps. i only need to see status updates and the occasional pics, videos, and notes. now that's a facebook lite that I would like!

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
i think you should be able to change your profile background. not flashy kissy kissy anime crap but at least some thing with some style like give people an option to design their own layout/style. white gets too boring and gives reverse boners.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
i use facebook every single day for a solid amount of time. in my opinion, it facebook lite needs to be facebook without all the apps. then i will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.