Facebook CEO Called Trusting Users ''Dumb F***s''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I've never used facebook but I feel sorry for the people that relied on facebook and it's services and have made it a part of their habitual daily/weekly/monthly routines only to be let down and betrayed by such a douche.

GeoMan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
Well people giving out their private details to strangers are ''Dumb F***s''

Didn't their parents teach them not to talk to strangers?

G

HAHAHAH epic, i always knew to stay away from social networking sites... Just confirms that i was right.

G

I've been holding off the deletion of my facebook for a while now. Time to stop procrastinating.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
[citation][nom]flaminggerbil[/nom]Cant wait until people start suing him.[/citation]

Suing him for what? This is a free site. This is what I don't understand about people when they bitch and moan about Facebook privacy. You don't pay anything for it and it's not something you have to have.

I have a Facebook account but I sure as hell don't post anything inappropriate. Just don't put private information on the site and you'll be fine.

Hydrotricithline

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Atleast we see it :) lets face it, disclaimer or not, anyone that posts anything personal online (omitting maybe government/medical) info, should pretty much consider it public domain, including passwords. All the promises in the world won't protect the public, they have to protect themselves, don't be a 'Dumb Fu*k' :p ps. Ouch.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
Some of you people are idiots? "People giving out their private details to strangers are Dumb F***s?" Do you not bank online? Buy goods online? Order pizza online? All of that is giving out personal info to "some stranger."

I'm not defending facebook in any manner, but come on, don't be a moron.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
My wife just "Permanently" deleted her Facebook account last night. Apparently it's not very easy to do (there's a wiki How-To on how to do it).

The problem with Facebook is that all the privacy settings by "Default" are set to "Public".

dan117

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I only post stuff that can be seen by anyone, like public stuff, not private stuff.
Also, I don't use Failchat, that's what IM apps, like YM, Skype, Steam, are for, for fuck's sake.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]visa[/nom]Suing him for what? This is a free site. This is what I don't understand about people when they bitch and moan about Facebook privacy. You don't pay anything for it and it's not something you have to have.I have a Facebook account but I sure as hell don't post anything inappropriate. Just don't put private information on the site and you'll be fine.[/citation]
He'll get sued once that info is used for illegal activities. EULA's are not impervious to lawsuits, especially if the offending company is so frivilous with data.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
No surprise there but I'm still curious to know why people would do something like submit their personal information to some guy they don't even know. Sure he started Facebook, that doesn't mean he's your buddy.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
My wife just "Permanently" deleted her Facebook account last night. Apparently it's not very easy to do (there's a wiki How-To on how to do it).

The problem with Facebook is that all the privacy settings by "Default" are set to "Public".

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
However, whether you realize what kind of information you've just agreed to protect or not, that Mark Zuckerberg is the kind of person who would offer email addresses, pictures and real addresses to a friend sets off alarm bells straight away.

While this could be taken as Zuckerberg giving out email addresses to friends, he could also be telling his friends to ask the Harvard people for their information. This could've even been a social experiment that he conducted to see how internet-retarded people really are.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
[citation][nom]chripuck[/nom]He'll get sued once that info is used for illegal activities. EULA's are not impervious to lawsuits, especially if the offending company is so frivilous with data.[/citation]

I suppose that is possible (I'm no legal expert) but why would anyone post anything of importance on the site? I guess I don't really see how Facebook is responsible for people putting personal data in a public arena.

korsen

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I think the advent of companies using sites like this to do background and personality checks nevermind criminals stalking your page to find out when you're on vacation would be reason enough to delete any public information about one's self online. It's like a giant fingerprint that everyone can see. I don't have a facebook or a myspace for that reason. I'd rather not be in the system that easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.