Facebook CEO Reveals Plan to Connect the Rest of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
To bring malware and spam to EVERYONE, Muahahaha!

Sorry, I got out of facebook long ago with one of their policy changes. Ya, I read those... So few do I know. But every time I see their name. Nice they want to 'connect' the world, but their motives leave me curious.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Facebook has lately been consistently discriminating against Conservative-leaning, patriotic, and/or Christian pages. Many have been taken down, while pages advocating Sharia, or with messages preferring that Mary had had an abortion, or "Kill George Zimmerman!" are left alone. Fortunately, an alternative is in the works. I will post more about it in the fall once it is up and open to the public.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Between this and Google's Project Loon, I think these companies are missing the very basic fact that a major problem with many places that don't have internet is the lack of infrastructure to support it, and lack of money to buy the devices that use it. I was just talking about this in my blog a little this morning; someone dodging bullets while struggling to get clean water, let alone a meal, and make pennies a day, isn't clamoring to get internet access. This kind of project doesn't mean a whole lot to people in such situations.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
And leaving the left-wing hate-mongers? I won't say they don't have the right, but I'd feel a lot safer in a neighborhood of gun-owning good 'ol boys than in a leftist-controlled hellhole like Detroit or Chicago.
For only the second time in my life, I actually had the opportunity not long ago to attend a gun show. Of course I wasn't there all day, but I'm pretty sure there were no casualties while I was there.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I would like to see Facebook cracking down on hate speech first..there are people claiming to be Christians spreading hate speech and inciting riots against other religions pages and groups that have been up for months and yet they are reported by thousands, the pages are still up. it has even been taken up by cnn ireport!

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
"Is connectivity a human right?"
What?!?! Seriously? It seems everything nowadays is becoming a human right... last I checked the bill of rights spells out what our founding fathers believed to be our god given rights. I'm really getting tired of all the handouts liberals give out in the name of "human rights".

@DRosencraft I'm with you on that there are so many other things these countries need before the internet. It's too bad facebook and google only want to steal more peoples personal information for marketing purposes.

popatim

Splendid
Yes yes.. Zucker got fed up with not having easy to access internet when he goes on Safari; but how does he expect the natives that he pays $1 a week to carry his stuff around to ever afford a pc or smartphone?

Algernon Ex

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
I think it is critical for the development of an accretive knowledge economy, for more and more people to share core knowledge, imagery and ideas, such as what fruit they are eating at this very moment, the colour and disposition of the tiles in their bathroom, and of course every single thought that enters their minds at any time of the day. I welcome this revolution, thank you so much Mark for giving the world Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.