Facebook COO Says The End of Email is Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Just like 'snailmail' was going to die out - funny, I still get stuff in the mail (other than junkmail). I love these predictions fueled by self-interest.

st430

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
so untrue.
This COO must have missed her corporate emails.
No one in companies tweete or facebook or text.
Your friends might not email you but recruiters and business
or internet companies do email you .

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Yes, when this little teen girl wants to tell that little teen girl that she just painted her toe nails she will text it (vise email it), but the world is much bigger than that. We still need email for the grown up stuff. Email provides a lot more services and is NEEDED in business. I work for the military and I could see it now, “yeah, I’ll text you that later sir.” Or maybe, “I posted it on my facebook that I was not coming it to work today sir.”

ghazgull

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
What about the business world? I doubt they will entrust sensitive info to a social networking group.

I know I wouldn't!

xophaser

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
To say something as dumb as this, she is not qualify to be anywhere near a COO. So when we are looking for job now, we have to twit our resume. In a working office, we are going to facebook friend our client or what? So base on her assumption of teenagers being productive adults, the email will be obsolete? To respond to her dumb comment, I am going to say a dumb comment too: She must had dated one of the programmers or founders to get this job.

spentshells

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
[citation][nom]xophaser[/nom]To say something as dumb as this, she is not qualify to be anywhere near a COO. So when we are looking for job now, we have to twit our resume. In a working office, we are going to facebook friend our client or what? So base on her assumption of teenagers being productive adults, the email will be obsolete? To respond to her dumb comment, I am going to say a dumb comment too: She must had dated one of the programmers or founders to get this job.[/citation]

Agreed

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
THIS JUST IN: The End of Spoken Words is Near.

Babies are our future, and only 11% of babies use full spoken words daily at the age of 1. Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg had this quote:

"Spoken words--I can't imagine life without them--are probably going away,"

There you have it folks. Full words out, garbledegook in.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Yeah right - and when Facebook starts making people pay to use it, the end of Facebook will be near.

It's people like her that make the term "expert" synonymous with "moron".

Tonkyboy

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2002
Duh. In the schools I work in, social networking sites are blocked, and kids are encouraged to use email.
Personally I don't have a facebook page, or a twitter account. I use email for business, and personally. Can't see email going away for a looooong time yet. But when it does, it won't be to something like twitter or facebook. Can you imagine allowing business associates to see the pictures of the last stag night you went on ? I'd be in big trouble if that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.