Facebook Cuts the Crap for Facebook Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Finally, no more crappy apps. Those apps really make a mess of things and increase the spam count tremendously. Not too mention just how stupid most of them are.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
"Facebook Cuts the Crap for Facebook Lite"

Fixed: "Facebook Cuts the Crap out for Facebook Lite"

If Facebook cut out *ALL* the crap...they'd get a web based yearbook/ Teen Magazine thingy that all the little 13yrs old - 16yrs old rave about. Which doesn't help society much either.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
"Facebook Cuts the Crap for Facebook Lite"

Fixed: "Facebook Cuts the Crap out for Facebook Lite"

If Facebook cut out *ALL* the crap...they'd get a web based yearbook/ Teen Magazine thingy that all the little 13yrs old - 16yrs old rave about. Which doesn't help society much either.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
What Facebook could really use is a better way to manage your "friends." I'd like to be able to distinguish between people who are my real-life friends, good friends, Internet friends, etc. I would also love the ability to mute friends (some people have nothing better to do that post crap on Facebook all day long and it's tantamount to spam).

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]What Facebook could really use is a better way to manage your "friends." I'd like to be able to distinguish between people who are my real-life friends, good friends, Internet friends, etc. I would also love the ability to mute friends (some people have nothing better to do that post crap on Facebook all day long and it's tantamount to spam).[/citation]

I am sitting in front of the TV now.

I am walking to the bathroom.

I am eating popcorn.

I am washing my hands.

I have no life.

sanctoon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
i hate social networks, but really like facebook, probably because my youngest facebook friend is 25, we all use it to keep in touch and share photos of recent partys and holidays kids growing up, new house, new car, planning social events and the like, really useful.

i traveled a lot, so i keep in touch with people i met from all over the world

I HATE TWITTER

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]I am sitting in front of the TV now.I am walking to the bathroom.I am eating popcorn.I am washing my hands.I have no life.[/citation]
Well, it's even worse than that. I got a friend invite from an old friend who I hadn't seen or heard from since high school. Of course, I accepted. But she is a hardcore, extreme, liberal activist now and she spams these stupid news articles (along with her no-so-insightful commentary) all damn day. I just ignore it, but it's to the point where I'm considering dropping her as a friend. It would be so much nicer if I could just mute her wall updates.

G

Facebook lets you hide annoying friends' updates, just click on the "Hide" button next to an update from a friend you do not want to see any longer.

It also lets you categorise your friends, you just need to set up the categories yourself. Check the security settings or google a how to, takes only a second.

Not anyone I meet online can see my pics, e.g., and only my real life friends can see my phone number.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
They should have a feature which immediately deletes anyone who complains about Mondays/current news events/the weather/.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
jellico: you can do that you know... click on the button next to her next wall post and click remove... a window should pop up and ask if you want to ignore any future posts from that person... viola!

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]jellico: you can do that you know... click on the button next to her next wall post and click remove... a window should pop up and ask if you want to ignore any future posts from that person... viola![/citation]
Oh ok, I'll have to try that. Thanks! (as you can see, I'm far from a Facebook expert).

Status
Not open for further replies.