Question Facebook hacked, 6 digit code link exceeded told to try again later. Is FB sending code to my recovery email and the hackers who has listed his ?

May 9, 2020
I got hacked, the hacker changed all my security features, email, phone number and password.. he linked my accounts new password (which he created) to his own email and phone which he replaced mine with on FB. FB instructed me to send new email for recovery link code and upload my ID, which I did. Today I finally received the link to my recovery email, followed the link and it sent me to verify via email.. The thing is there was 2 emails there, the one was mine and the others the hackers.. I had no choice but to click on that option and they sent a code back to my recovery email. When I submitted the code and tried changing my password, it was rejected and said my password was already changed. I tried numerous times fb generating a new code each time, but to no avail... now i have exceeded my codes and have been told to try again later (When is later ?) . My big concern is this, is facebook actually sending that code to both myself and the hacker... or only to my recovery account ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Social Networking 2
S Social Networking 0
H Social Networking 0
T Social Networking 3
enzokuhle Social Networking 1
B Social Networking 6
aashnaj963 Social Networking 1
C Social Networking 2
S Social Networking 1
H Social Networking 4
S Social Networking 2