Facebook Hits 250 Million Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

dravis12

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
"Each person who joins makes Facebook better by adding a presence to the site that friends and family can connect with and feel closer to. For us, growing to 250 million users isn't just an impressive number; it is a mark of how

...Many barrels of cash are being delivered to my house as we speak.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Last year MySpace, this year Facebook... next year: who knows?

Social Networking sites seem to have a short shelf life.

I have a Facebook account... it's cool to hear back from old friends, but it's annoying when a couple people who are addicts post a million times a day about how they flushed their toilet or took some assenine quiz that looks like it was made by a thousand monkeys typing randomly for about 2 minutes.

Also, their security configuration needs to be improved and it also needs to get a LOT more user friendly.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
Trade real-life friends for the unwanted ones you ditched years ago. Facebook, reuniting people with those they wished they had forgotten.

G

facebook ? i prefer to go to the neighborhood park and make friends there..

G

Forget "social networking". I'm still in contact with (remember phones? face-to-face conversation?) anybody that I actually give two flying f**ks about in this world.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Facebook > Twitter but still nothing beats real life. Going out there and meeting somebody, that's what it's all about. It's funny to see some people's only fame is found on their myspace pages.

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
The only social network I joined was bebo about 3.5 years ago. I haven't loged on in months. I have no interest in Facebook or anything of the likes.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"Facebook Hits 250 Million Members"

hit them with what? a base ball bat? another security whole and personal data theft? or are they skipping the middle man and just hitting them with more terms and conditions that let the sell everyones personal info to everyone else.

not that that would be a big deal, as most idiots on facebook freely release their personal info to everyone anyway.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Facebook Hits 250 Million Members

Now I feel that Facebook has grown too large and has lost the original point - simple, fast, effective communication.

Case in point - it now takes about 5 seconds to load my home page on my university network, and it takes a lot of CPU resource to render the page as well. I still remember Facebook back in 2007 when it was a simple platform, and it loaded in a second, any page.

Needless to say I really miss the old days. If a new social networking site comes up I will join that instead.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i don't like their latest GUI yet i rather facebook than myspace which usually has spam mail and invites, and also has the feature that allow users to render their own page unreadable/usable.

snarfeck

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
i got 18 friends on facebook and 18 friends in real life. it's a great way to throw up messages. (i hate texting on a phone!!!) i can do without the one-handed self-taken pictures (let me hold the damn camera for you and smile!)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Fuck social networking.

News sites and open forums FTW!

Anyways, I prefer to be completely anonomous, something which Facebook dislikes (and bans for).

Status
Not open for further replies.