Facebook Launches "Zero" Mobile Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I prefer full sites vs "mobile sites" especially ebay and facebook. It's easier to navigate if everything isn't changed to "mobile friendly" imo.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Just another new tool to implement FAD.
Im still not falling into any of facebook's deathtraps.
My mom has already fallen, and Im damn scared of that.

ryanegeiger

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I can hear it now.

"We took Facebook users, blindfolded them and had them try our new Facebook Zero alongside regular Facebook to see if they could tell the difference."

"Facebook Zero, same great taste, zero-calories, all full of Face-y Book-y goodness!"

The real question? Why not just make this the mobile site period?

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I just tried it in my browser (computer, not phone).

I'm tempted to say I like some parts of it better than regular Facebook. Just shows status updates and you can get to the inbox, etc. No ads, no "friends" sending spam games.

Nice, simple, no junk.

crewslee

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I wonder what will happen to Orange users in the UK, currently i get access to the "m" version for free and can perv at all the pics i like without data charges. I can see an "Upgrade" to the new and "improved" mobile facebook coming shortly :(

Rust In Peace

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
*Sigh*

Whilst I appreciate the need for this I wish they'd actually get on with developing the main application. So many people have stepped to using the lite version because they aren't happy with the changes being made to the main application.

I swear it all went down the drain when they opened it up to the general public. Before it was innovative and the developers were obviously having more say on content. It's now focused on sales/marketing rather than introducing groundbreaking functionality.

I'm pleased that other companies are trying to break into the social network scene though. Might mean Facebook get their act together. Just wish the opposition was better than Google Buzz...

Status
Not open for further replies.