Facebook May Remove Options to Filter News Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Goodbye, Facebook.
Hello, Google+.

You see, once this option gets removed the floodgates for endless spam open.
When I log on, I want to see what my friends are doing.

What I DON'T want to see is 250 spam updates from all the crapplications my friends open and have no sense to cut once they're done using them (since most of them don't know how to revoke publishing access from a crapplication).

G

Google: Focus on the user and all else will follow.
Facebook: Focus on the advertiser and all else will follow.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Doesn't Facebook realize they have a competitor now? They do this, they'll get one heck of a wake-up call. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will leave for Google+., advising my friends to do the same.
I've already blocked everything Zynga, but if that comes back, I won't stay to see it. Besides, I use obnoxious advertising to help me know what NOT to buy. This will be a "lose-lose" for FB.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
For Firefox users, therer is an add-on to help reduce the typical facebook clutter. http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/firefox/ It's called "Feed Filter". Google it if you don't trust the link.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
The ONLY reason I still use Facebook is because I have 174 blocked apps that make my news feed give me relevant information about my friends. If I get spammed with Farmville, Mafia Wars and Horoscope crap, it won't be worth my time at all.

[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]I can't understand this anymore - truly I can't. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE AND THEIR GREED!? Do you know how much revenue and profits Facebook makes? Isn't the billions of dollars they're worth enough? [/citation]

Unfortunately growth is what drives investors to invest. Consistent profit isn't good enough. They could make 100 billion a year in profit, but if it doesn't keep going up by their predicted percentages, investors bail. Companies must cut corners, reduce quality of their products, reduce highly paid employees (but not execs) and use moneygrubbing tactics in order to increase those profits.

It's really quite lame, is getting worse, and will only get worse in decades to come as more of the world's wealth is in the hands of a tiny percentage of the population.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]I can't understand this anymore - truly I can't. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE AND THEIR GREED!? Do you know how much revenue and profits Facebook makes? Isn't the billions of dollars they're worth enough? Nope, have to taint it with more money-grubbing tactics; eventually driving it into the ground - just like Myspace. They need to make integrity more virtuous and prestigious than being wealthy, because the moral codes in this world are falling so flat. There are WAY more important things in life besides money - you wouldn't get that impression from corporations however.[/citation]
this is the truth. but american corporations are all about money and pleasing the investors. nothing else matters. but imagine if it did? this world would be a way better place.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Give the user what they want or they'll leave. It's really that simple, so it's funny when so many companies are completely oblivious to this and end up shooting themselves in the foot.

G

As the owner of a social media marketing company, I can only wonder why Facebook would do such a thing to users, which will result in businesses leaving the platform to seek other social media to advertise on. Don't do it Facebook. People can only be so patient for so long before they decide to take their lives off one social network and jump on another.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Sounds like Scam, but you might as well say that, hey, when will "i" get paid for having ads on a site?

But probably another Hoax again, that only would of worked if you fell for it.

But again, to say it is Facebook, that different then any other social site is anyones guess.

Some people only have some much to do.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]I can't understand this anymore - truly I can't. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE AND THEIR GREED!? Do you know how much revenue and profits Facebook makes? Isn't the billions of dollars they're worth enough?[/citation]
Some may have valued Facebook at billions of dollars, but that doesn't mean they make that much in profits. Whatever their profits are would be nothing compared to Google's profits.

I may be wrong but I believe Facebook is going public next year, and at the rate Google+ is gaining steam I doubt they'll be valued a quarter of the 70 bill or whatever they have been valued at now.

Eventually he'll be just like Tom from Myspace....posting comments on the next great social website about where he screwed up and how much better this next one is.

Status
Not open for further replies.