Facebook Mulling Redesign... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

LOL, the last change actually got my wife to send feeback. She has never had that much ambition after a change before.

SlicerX

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
Omg, people need to chill the hell out. If they would stop whining about the interface and actually try to get used to it, they would see how its much better than the old one. Facebook is all about streaming information about your friends, and the new interface improves over the old one by keeping the classic 3 column layout. They just have to find out what content is in which column, which really isn't that hard to figure out. It's customizable and intuitive. I think the 20 or groups on facebook complaining about the new UI is an adequate example of how net users like to critique everything.

delerion

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
yes because having 50 updates in 60 minutes about what car my freind's are is so much nicer then the old facebook layout, i totally agreee with you SlicerX

sinclaj1

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Facebook needs to just make the front page a modular design, so that people can drag/drop whatever pieces they want in there in whatever order and placement they feel comfortable with. People could then share layouts if they wished. That way, the developers could go take that long sabbatical we'd all like them to.

G

I never got the hang of facebook...
Nowadays I think it's way more accessible then the first day I started using it (now a good 3 years ago).

I only use it for the basical status updates and commenting on other people's pages.

I stay away from invitations or groups. They often ask for access to all my contacts, so I guess I'm not using more than 15% of what the site has to offer.

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
The only people who care about the changes are people who are addicted to facebook and of course these are the people that are going to cause the most ruckus. These are also the people who no matter what will keep coming back to get their fix. Sucks to be them. I actually like the changes.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Hey, I use Facebook on a once in a while basis. But I still hate the changes to the guts. Trying to copy a competitor instead of outgunning them is not innovation.

bone squat

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I wish Tom's Hardware could REMEMBER which language I SPEAK!!!!!! I'm so sick of hitting English EVERY time I visit your website. It is extremely annoying. What ever happend to just clicking on a little flag at the top that corresponds to your nationality and making the default page English? Isn't English the standard anyways? Why be so politically correct and have the idiotic homepage bombard me with that stupid language selection box. Please get rid of that trash. Thanks....

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
the old facebook allows more customization though requires few more clicks to get somewhere, much like an OS.
bad thing is with the new facebook, we can't control the stream of updates coming from friends. the only option is to block friend's update completely. also, i don't like the rightmost column, pretty irrelevant.
it seems to me that facebook wanted applications to be seen more often which is a drawback to those that has a lot of very active facebooking friends.

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
[citation][nom]bone squat[/nom]I wish Tom's Hardware could REMEMBER which language I SPEAK!!!!!! I'm so sick of hitting English EVERY time I visit your website. It is extremely annoying. What ever happend to just clicking on a little flag at the top that corresponds to your nationality and making the default page English? Isn't English the standard anyways? Why be so politically correct and have the idiotic homepage bombard me with that stupid language selection box. Please get rid of that trash. Thanks....[/citation]

ditto

However, I have noticed that after clicking the English button, the new address is www.tomshardware.com/us, save that as your bookmark and it will save you the trouble. Again however, that isn't something we should have to have a workaround for

G

FaceBook would be a thousand times better if it did away with the useless applications. There are some obviously very bored people out there who continuously waste time with rubbish like 'what dog am I?'. Also, a separation of friends and family would be good as I would rather keep the two separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS