Facebook Photo Lands Drunk Driver in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
E-pwned. It's sad that this girl shows no remorse for the consequences of her actions thus far, hopefully a year in lockup will illustrate just how irresponsible she is.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
"This young woman is remorseful," one of the two dozen people gathered in the courtroom laughed.

I'm not sure if it can get anymore awesome than that!

I've always wondered how smart these underage people are when they post pics of alcohol and drugs on Facebook or Myspace.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
What kind of bitch kills someone in a drunk driving accident, and then not only continues binge drinking, but posts pics of it up on Facebook to show off? I'd laugh too.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Good. I had a friend die from a drunken boyfriend episode similar to this. This type of shit does not need to happen. And, if you're stupid and immature enough to post how hammered or high you are in your FB status and not think that it might, just *might* come back to haunt you, then I really hope Darwinism catches up to you. What a stupid whorebag.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
+1 to all! A local woman was driving drunk, crashed and killed her 5 year old...she received 6 months in jail. This article and that...where is the justice?

Facebook blows anyways! Bloated garbage...

konjiki7

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
I think her being drunk again are signs the natural selection still exist.

I do believe she should have the right to drink as she pleases long as its not while driving. It is her freedom to be self destructive unless its suicidal of coarse.

tonewheelmonster

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
This is a disturbing article.
sentenced to six months in jail and five years probation for crashing her car while drunk and killing her boyfriend.
and then she just moves to Florida and keeps on going? Aren't there consequences anymore for KILLING someone? This is bizarre

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Normally I hate when any authority, be it a company or law enforcement use social websites to justify prosecuting or, in the case of business, firing people but I have to say, based on the story that she was already involved in a drunk driving crash that killed her boyfriend and was already facing criminal charges. Then she goes and parties in Florida?

First, that was just plain stupid and second I have to agree this teen has some issues and did not take what she was facing seriously. I mean WOW! Your already facing charges and before sentence is even handed down you go and basically brag about getting drunk.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
She should get life sentence with parole.
Fucking drunk driver. What if I was her boyfriend's father? She only gets 6 mo? FUCK YOU Justice!

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Another in a list of extremely stupid online moves. Reminds me of the guy who filmed himself doing 150+ in his Ferrari and was subsequently arrested.

That is not the worst of it, to me. Sounds like this girl simply does not understand what she has done. IMHO, the judge should have given her far more time especially due to her flippant attitude.

However, given that people like this rarely learn, I see a good chance of her doing something else like this an ending up spending the rest of her life in jail.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I'm still reeling, hope that's the right way to say it, from this. I can normally understand how and why a person did what they did wether it be right or wrong. However this girls mentality I can just not comprehend nor understand. Nor the justices 6 month jail sentence. I would have thought it longer under the circumstances.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
It was the boyfriend's choice to get in with her as a drunk driver, not some random person on the street; that is why she got such a light sentence; I've news stories about family member who accidentally kill their siblings you end up getting no jail time. I have no sympathy to those that choose to drink and drive -- especially those whom show little remorse over the consequences of their actions. If your going to drive don't drink, if you plan on drinking don't drive, it's just that simple. I don't think this "party girl" should ever be allowed to drive a vehicle again.

Status
Not open for further replies.