Facebook Plans to Increase Staff by 50 Percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
good thing for me too, cause FB has been soooo glitchy lately, i get a "we're sorry" error like every five clicks when using it. I like FB and I hope this hiring spree will actually bring some fixes.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Are you an out of work engineer?
The United States has a shortage of engineers... I don't think any licensed engineers are out of work unless they choose to be. Should read "Are you an out of work communications major?"

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]The United States has a shortage of engineers... I don't think any licensed engineers are out of work unless they choose to be. Should read "Are you an out of work communications major?"[/citation]
People use the term "Engineer" too loosely these days.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
+1 to doomtomb

Our group has been trying to grow by 40-50% and it's been hard to find suitable candidates. We've interviewed a ton of people but so far we've only hired a few. :/

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Matt87_50[/nom]yeah, umm, you realize you need to pay them right? How does facebook make money, does anyone know?[/citation]

Facebook makes money from all those ads plastered on their website and from those gifts people give to others.

G

Never underestimate the ignorance of startup owners when it comes to a.) planning and b.) hiring practices.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Maybe they're staffing now to get people at a much lower salary rate. When things start turning around FB could possibly have a solid group of developers for a much cheaper cost as compared with getting them while dev's are in high demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.