Facebook Sparks Debate on Right to Use Teens in Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
To jldevoy:
They dont have a right to use peoples images, UNLESS they upload them to the people in question...easy solution, stop GIVEN the people pictures, your complaining of using your pictures.
People shouldn't sign up for sites that admit they use your data and pictures your store on their servers if it bothers them, full stop :)
Facebook is an optional site people opt into and sign up for..they DONT have to sign up to it if they don't like the terms or usage of their data on it.

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
stop 'giving' the people..was a typo. where is the edit button :p
and man, I hit submit once, and made 10 replies somehow..sorry about that.

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
lol, someone is having troubles with the buggy comment section. Not sure why it is so hard for the system to block post that seem to happen at nearly the same time. I agree though, if you don't want some company to use your stuff then don't give them your stuff.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Everyday i'm more and more glad i never signed into Facebook.

In a perfect world, they would either set an "opt-out from allowing free use of your pictures by us" checkbox in the profile, or create a program where people submit pictures and those who are picked up by advertisers get paid, either in cash or in vouchers, discounts, whatever.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@dxwarlock, is your computer ok?

I think that they should have to ask permission to use your photos/content. So every time they want to use a photo they need to contact that person and ask if it is ok. If they want to use another photo from that person they have to ask again. A single blanket TOS just doesn't cut it.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
seriously ? are you kidding me ?? facebook is a like data warehouse that makes money by selling peoples info to companies and it sparks debate by using your photo ? so i guess selling your data for 6 years is not really an issue

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Terms of service probably shouldn't exist anyway because basically nobody reads them because they are so long and filled with legalese probably to get people to not read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.