Facebook to Simplify Privacy Policy After Backlash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I think the CEO & company of Facebook and the CEO & company of lifelock should merge and form a social networking site to regain their image.

The new title you ask? Why they should call it BULL****!

sdliddo

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
If the CEO can go around give out my information and such, I seriously don't think any privacy setting is going to make be any more secure

G

Keep the complex settings. I check my settings every now and then to see if anything new cropped up that needs to be hammered down. It's allowed me to have very granular control over what other users see on my profile.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Yeah, it would be nice if they left them private to start and leave it up to the user to determine if they really really want to share something with anyone.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]sdliddo[/nom]If the CEO can go around give out my information and such, I seriously don't think any privacy setting is going to make be any more secure[/citation]

... How is it you have an account on a website at all then? I guess you're using fake information?

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Strider-Hiryu_79[/nom]I think the CEO & company of Facebook and the CEO & company of lifelock should merge and form a social networking site to regain their image.The new title you ask? Why they should call it BULL****![/citation]

Will you be my friend? I like surrounding myself with clever people.

Beyond that.. Theres alot facebook needs to do to repair their image in my opinion. Stop changing the layout by default and make it an option instead. That and get Mark to step down as CEO, OR he should start doing something to apologize. People can change and grow up.. But that is still not enough to deserve a clean slate.

You have to earn it Mark Zuckerberg.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
"This should be compared to almost any other company out there where there are no privacy settings at all," he added. "So Facebook should be getting credit here for giving tools in the first place."

You dont get credit for doing what your supposed to do.

G

i bet that when they simplify the settings, they will (again) leave the default settings to "share everything out in the open" and will need all users to manually change it.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I am not a supporter of FB. I am one of the few computer guys who has no FB account. I've heard too much negative publicity against this company so that I do not want to try FB at all.

Sihastru

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Die facebook, die! I got a fb account because of constant nagging from my friends, if fb would just die already then I would have one less problem to worry about.

It's interesting the REALLY F*ed UP things we accept from this company, but when an accidental security hole is discovered in your OS it's like the world is about to end.

We need people to start suing them. Don't just quit fb, take all their money THEN quit.

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
All of these sites suck. How about meeting people in real life? No I would rather have ppl I went to high school with 20 years ago adding me to their "friends" list. I wasn't friends with them back then. Or I would love to know how your farm is doing? I know ppl that won't respond to their emails but will post something on Facebook every minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.