Facebook Tried to Buy Twitter, But Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
crazy how glorified blog sites are worth 8 billion these days. no wonder we are in financial trouble. we don't make anything of real value but our blog sites are easily worth a few billion, lol.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Facebook, know this. Never send in a boy to do a man's job. Your offer was smoke, mirrors and more than a bit shady. Good for Twoto for pulling the curtain back revealing it for what it was, a sham.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I like facebook, as it's a great way to keep track of family activity, but I don't see why twitter would fit well into facebook? all it does is offer redundancy really.

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I'm with Sandman on this one.

If I'm concerned about what someone is doing at work then I'm on a team with them and we likely have checkpoints and meetings with details to keep track of each other's progress. If I want to know what a friend/family member is up to I can call and ask.

Beyond that I'd rather be interested in what I'm doing. Or specifically read forums on topics that are important to me. Micro keeping track of what other people are doing...is kind of along the lines of reality TV to me...why not get your own life? It's a lot more gratifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.