Factory reset Galaxy Note 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip_6

Estimable
Dec 19, 2015
My Galaxy Note 10.1 has frozen on the logo on boot up. I have tried using Odin to refresh the firmware but this has had no effect, it still hangs on the boot screen. I tried to factory reset with the Power and Volume + buttons, but the logo simply disappears and reappears a moment later. the only way I can turn off the tablet is when it is connected to power with the USB. The battery appears to be fully charged.

GeRgY

Admirable
Jan 17, 2015
Hello there!
You should factory restart that tablet.
1.Switch off your device.
2.press and hold this buttons: Volume Up + Power button. (HOLD IT until the menu comes on. That may take 5-10-15 seconds... no matter)
3.Now you will see Recovery mode menu.
4.Next choose option "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to scroll and Power button to accept your choice.
5.After that select option "Yes -- delete all user data (its optional but reccomended. that will delete all of your data)
6.In the end press Power button to confirm option "reboot system now".

Done :)

Philip_6

Estimable
Dec 19, 2015

Philip_6

Estimable
Dec 19, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I tried a Factory Restart and cannot get past the Samsung Logo. I held the buttons down for way over a minute. When I use the power and Volume down, I get the download screen, when I use the Power and Volume Up, I do not get past the logo.

byard00

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016

I am having the same exact problem. Did you ever find a solution?

dreamsz

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

did you ever get the solution? i am having the same issue !

Bernd_GE

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
I had the same Problems with my Galaxy Tab s2 bought August 2016. The hard reset with power Button und Sound up did not work.
Solution: you have to press there buttons. Sound up + Home Button + power on Button.
Then it worked and I could set back the Galaxy to Factory conditions.

Alby-hu

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Hello Philip_6,

I have the same problem you wrote. Did you find any solution to correct the problem?
I have tried the factory reset with the Power and Volume+ buttons, but i got the same result as you. I would be very happy if you would have a working solution. If I connect the power cable, I can turn off the tablet - I can see the animating battery logo - , but if I disconnect the power cable, I can't turn off the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Harlie Android Tablets 3
P Android Tablets 1
I Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 1
J Android Tablets 3
S Android Tablets 1
T Android Tablets 1
D Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 1