Factory reset portege 7010Ct.

Feb 25, 2018
Hi I'm trying to find out how to reset this portege 7010Ct. Toshiba laptop. I've tried everything I have read and nothing yet. And I was wondering if anyone knows if this laptop has Wi-Fi access? No option I have seen to turn it on. It says Windows 95-&98 but when you turn it on it shows 2000 Windows?? I have no idea what it's running on so I'm trying everything. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Solution
If it has stickers on it for Win 95 or 98 and has 2000 on it, at some point someone updated the laptop to 2000. If you want to re-install the operating system again you will need to get the operating system disks and the setup codes for it as well.

A laptop this old is pretty much useless for anything now, it will not be able to run any modern browsers and will have security issues if you try to use it online. Spend $100 and get a newer used laptop, even a Core 2 Duo system will be a lot better, and you can find many earlier Intel i3 and i5 bases systems in the $100 range if you are not too picky with looks.
If it has stickers on it for Win 95 or 98 and has 2000 on it, at some point someone updated the laptop to 2000. If you want to re-install the operating system again you will need to get the operating system disks and the setup codes for it as well.

A laptop this old is pretty much useless for anything now, it will not be able to run any modern browsers and will have security issues if you try to use it online. Spend $100 and get a newer used laptop, even a Core 2 Duo system will be a lot better, and you can find many earlier Intel i3 and i5 bases systems in the $100 range if you are not too picky with looks.

Solution