Factory reset restarts

Jul 11, 2018
I am trying to reset factory setting for my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition
But it is not complete it always restarts .
battery takes too long to charge.
What could be the problem?
Do I have to change any part of the device?
[don't post your email address on the forum]
Please advice solution

Solution
As I said before, nothing can be 'updated' or 'reset' on the device if it has been rooted or is using an OS other than the one that was originally installed in the device. If it was rooted and the OS changed, then you need to unroot it. That is the only way to get it to accept a 'reset' or a legitimate update (that comes through settings). Now if you are trying to change/update the OS on a rooted device, that isn't really an update and you would have to have a new version of the OS installed on it directly, not an update, which I can't help with. I don't do rooted devices as that can do way to much damage to a device.

If you want to unroot it, the info is below.

I know of two apps that should be able to help with unrooting a device...
Well if you are trying to reset it and save what you have on it at the same time, that may be your problem. Especially if something on it is bad, interfering, etc. In that case you may need to do a "Hard Reset" which will wipe everything. The instructions are below.

But, that may not resolve your problem with the battery. Depending on how old the device is and the battery itself, it may just be in need of replacing. Unless it is because you do a lot of gaming or other intense things on it, then no battery is going to last long enough.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Is the device as it was when bought or has it been rooted or any other type of major change to it?

Also have you tried starting up in "Safe Mode" to see if it will load?

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Jul 11, 2018
May be I have done this process only
Warning
Accustom OS can cause critical problem in phone and installed application
If you want to download a custom OS ,press the volume up key.
I press volume up

Your last posts have nothing to do with the original question. Which makes for a lot of confusion. If you have rooted the device and installed a different OS or different version of Android, then nothing I can do will help and you won't be able to reset the device without unrooting it first.

Jul 11, 2018
Current status is that the device does not complete the process and restart
Android is starting
Optimising app 67 of 195
Or 43 of 195
Do I have to unroot the device then make factory reset

Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for your help but it gives me same message it hangs
"Android is starting
Optimising app 76 of 195.
Then restarts
I gave it to software technician and update from external but the device also hangs not complete
Is it hardware problem? Which part to change?

As I said before, nothing can be 'updated' or 'reset' on the device if it has been rooted or is using an OS other than the one that was originally installed in the device. If it was rooted and the OS changed, then you need to unroot it. That is the only way to get it to accept a 'reset' or a legitimate update (that comes through settings). Now if you are trying to change/update the OS on a rooted device, that isn't really an update and you would have to have a new version of the OS installed on it directly, not an update, which I can't help with. I don't do rooted devices as that can do way to much damage to a device.

If you want to unroot it, the info is below.

I know of two apps that should be able to help with unrooting a device. Others may know of more or other ways, as I am really not a fan of rooting, so not my expertise. :) The two apps, which should be able to be found at the Google Play Store are "SuperSU" and "ES File Explorer". I think "SuperSU" is free but I don't know about "ES File Explorer".

How to unroot Android: Using SuperSU

1. Download, from the Google Play Store, and install "SuperSU".

2. Launch the app and go to “Settings”.

3. Scroll down and locate, and tap, “Full unroot”.

4. It will ask you to confirm that you really want to unroot your device. To start, tap continue.

5. When it is done, the app will automatically close and then restart your device.

6. When it is done, and the device restarts, it should be fully unrooted.

7. Uninstall "SuperSU" and you are done.

How to unroot Android: Using ES File Explorer

1. Download, from the Google Play Store, and install "ES File Explorer".

2. Launch the app and tap "Menu".

3. Scroll to locate “Tools”. Tap that and then turn on “Root Explorer”.

4. Now you will have to grant it "root privileges", if prompted.

5. Go back to your home screen and then navigate to your device’s root folder. It should found as “/” in explorer.

6. From root, navigate to “system” and then “bin”.

7. Find, and delete, the “busybox” and “su”. If you can’t find them, move on to step eight.

8. Navigate back to “/” and open the “app” folder.

9. Delete superuser.apk.

10. Restart your Android device. Your device should reboot unrooted.

Solution