Factory Resetting Alienware

SpaceGhost92

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
First of all, if this post is in the wrong forum please let me know and I will correct it and go to the right place.

I am doing a factory reset for my little brother's laptop. Thing is, he only has an OS CD (Windows 7) and not a software CD for Alienware. Not even sure it came with one or if it was already installed.

Anyways, I am wanting to factory reset it for him, but I am worried if I reset it all of the drivers and Alienware programs on here will not work afterwards. I read one or two horror stories about people factory resetting theirs and ending up with just an Alienware logo and Windows 7 with no extra Alienware software like the command center etc.

I would appreciate any help or advice, or just the knowledge that things will still be okay after resetting it.

SpaceGhost92

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

If it is a retail version of Windows 7, where do you think I can find the drivers?

There are multiple hurdles I'd have
1.) It isn't my computer,
2.) I've tried going on the dell forums for Alienware, and I have not gotten any answers. (This is why I built my own Gaming PC among other reasons)
3.) If the drivers don't install, how can I re-install everything on there like it was when he got it? Wouldn't want to ruin it for him