Question Faded white discoloration around edges of monitor

Oct 1, 2021
Hello,
I have the Samsung Chg90 and noticed recently that it has developed some faded white borders around the edges of the screen. Particularly around the vertical edges. I'm not sure when this started or if it was a gradual process. I noticed it the other day when I opened chrome in dark theme which made the whitewash stand out more. I haven't found much online about it but it seems quite similar to this thread:
https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/U2718Q-faded-colors-near-the-edges-corners-4/td-p/6085996
It is really only noticeable against dark grey backgrounds. Any lighter background blends it together too much to be seen and a black background blacks out everything entirely. It still displays content on the screen fine (just more whitewashed than normal) and there is absolutely no physical damage to the screen. The backlight of the monitor is even across which indicates its not backlight bleed and the faded white sections are only viewable with an input. However, I have tried multiple inputs (laptop, desktop, tablet, etc.) with different ports (hdmi1, 2, dp) and received the same result. They curve in and out in width as they span the height of the monitor. In other words, they aren't straight whitewashed edges. They do not flicker and stay proportional with the adjustable brightness of the monitor.
I'm trying to diagnosis the problem and am looking for suggestions. Based on the information do you think it could be an LCD panel failure? Or something as simple as a TCON board failure which would be a relatively cheap and easy fix. Thanks in advance!

Doubt it's anything with the system boards, is it in warranty? First step would be to contact Samsung. Are you sure it's not backlight bleed? Just because it's even on the main screen does not mean it's not stronger in the edges, that is actually exactly where that backlight bleed starts from, around the bezel.

Oct 1, 2021
Doubt it's anything with the system boards, is it in warranty? First step would be to contact Samsung. Are you sure it's not backlight bleed? Just because it's even on the main screen does not mean it's not stronger in the edges, that is actually exactly where that backlight bleed starts from, around the bezel.
Thanks for the reply. I've seen my fair share of backlight bleed from monitors and TVs and I am comfortable saying this is something different. I recently went to a local TV repair shop and asked a couple people what their thoughts were on the photos. They said they don't see it very often but its called delamination. Its typically seen when moisture somehow gets inside the monitor or if it operates in very humid environments. It causes the screen layers to delaminate causing the glowing effect to take place. Sort of like when a screen protector starts peeling off a phone. Unfortunately no real way of fixing it. Very few shops would be willing to re-laminate a screen for less than its worth for a total replacement. On the plus side, I don't have it operating in a humid environment which, from what I'm told, means its likely to not get too much worse. That being said, no idea how it even started in the first place when I know moisture and humidity weren't the cause. Very frustrating...