Fan won't stop running once it starts until I sleep my laptop

probablychinese

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
Hey guys,

I noticed recently that my laptop's fans won't stop spinning loudly once they start (usually during gaming). Sleeping the laptop will stop the fan (even if only for a second.) My temps are 65-75 during gaming but drop immediately after I stop an idle of 45-65. When this problem occurs cpu usage seems normal (core 0 ~ 10%)

I have also noticed that hot air only seems to come from roughly half of the vents at the back of the laptop.

I haven't dusted since I bought it (a year?), although I did vacuum the vents. :D

Any help or advice on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

specs:
nvidia gtx 765m
i7-4700mq
8gb ram

probablychinese

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
Thanks for the help.

I just realized that I might not have made myself clear about the vents thing- hot air is only coming from the right side of a single set of vents. Would this be dust too?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 32
D Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 9
I Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
Thmlinoel Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Solved! battery runs down below 50 percent and suppose I start it up again, battery status shows low n turn off.
My labtop will boot up i can hear it running but the screen is black i've tried control +alt+del even the start up button f2 a
My HP laptop the fan starts running then stops frequently after plugged on, but nothing display to the monitor
Acer e1 552 ,starts up but screen stays black?? Running Windows 10..any ideas?
My laptop starts to lock up before I run out of RAM, is the CPU the culprit?
I JUST TURNED ON MY MSI APACHE PRO WHICH IS RUNNING windows 10 but it is locked on the fist page with no sign in. No start ke
The computer stops in the middle of programs and then starts again like it doesn't have enough memory to run, but it is suppos
Is there not available software that can be put onto a USB stick and run on Bootup that will get the PC started? D
Dell Inspiron 15 3537 running on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit won't boot after a regular shutdown via the start>shut down
Dell Inspiron 3541 runs fine, but beeped three times on start up and then two times on start up next day. Need for concern?
asus x550d wont start up and running windows 7
Sony Viao won't start at all. power light on, fan runs
Is it safe to run daily Full AV scans on my old HDD that may be starting to fail? WIll it bring it an earlier death??
Old HP laptop has started to run a lot slower, is it worth upgrading it?
Windows 7 laptop motherboard starting to fail, can I clone the hard drive and run it as a virtual machine on another computer?
Cursor Moves In Reverse -Youtube video runs backwards to start position
Hi, my Mum's Acer Aspire 5250-bz452 laptop running windows 7 64-bit won't start up properly. It will go past the Acer logo and
window 7 run insafe mode,freeze in normal a few second after start
How to access bios on Hp Envy h8-1414 running windows 8.1. with 6 beep post code upon start up?
Laptop just started running games slow.

ASK THE COMMUNITY