karlreta25

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
A year ago i bought an ASUS x550LB laptop, so it hangs up after i update to windows 8.1, i Just assumed that it would be an OS issue. so after a weeks it just hangs up frequently when i move or hit . so i came up that i think it would be the hardware. i suspect that the hard disk is the fault. so i came back to the store where i bought it for the warranty, then they test, they told me that it isn't the hard disk. its the motherboard. after 3 months they return to me the unit with a replaced motherboard. then now, it happened again, it hangs up frequently. and now its out of warranty, just expired on feb. 5 2015. my problem is that how can i fix this, its now out of warranty.
all peripherals are working fine. video card. sound. bluetooth. wireless and wired adapter, camera.

Any suggestions, recommendations or solutions , i would be much appreciated. i just created an account to ask help. thank you very much for your help.

Solution
Take back anyway, tell them they just 'fixed' it and the same problem persist, should be some type of warranty on the work and the replacement part

karlreta25

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
as of now sir, i didnt tell them yet. because i dont know what and how to say to them. the reason is that, if i tell them, the warranty was already expired so there nothing that they can do anymore. But as what you've said there is a warranty for the replacement part.

karlreta25

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
i just went to store and tell them that the problem persist, they said yes, it has a warranty but only 3months. no luck for me. since its out of warranty they just recommend to diagnosis the unit. Anyway i appreciate your concern sir, thank you for your suggestions.

cacra

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
What country do you live in? What consumer protection laws do you have?

This sounds pretty dubious on their behalf, if you write them a threatening letter they may relent - worth a try at least.

Tradesman1

Honorable
In the future, any time a shop 'fixes' something, always good to check on a warranty, and run it hard to ensure it's really 'fixed' and if not, take it back. There are many that, rather than 'fix' something, they simply 'bandage' it, rather than go to the time and expense to actually 'fix' it.