FBI Clashes with Apple, Google Over Phone Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca Peterson

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
How is this for an idea, following on"Even if you'd prefer the FBI reading a few innocent emails without permission to a drug trafficking ring operating in your hometown"

How about the FBI setup an opt-in program. I'd let the FBI read all my emails and dig through every old excel file if they want. They could check my GPS location whenever they want. Heck, if I was lost or in trouble, I'd want them to. My phone mic, turn it on and listen in all you want. If I need help, they will hear me ask for it and hopefully send an office.

I bet a lot of people are in the same boat as me.

RightsWatchUSA

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
If you want my persona data, you'd better come ask nicely and bring a warrant. Accessing such without my personal consent is in violation of my constitutional rights under the 1st, 2nd and 5th amendments.

The second amendment you say? Are you aware that cryptography is regulated by ITAR? This recognizes that you have the right to keep and bear cryptography as you would a firearm. Cryptography is the one tool that the masses can use to regulate a well-run militia. Giving up that right would undermine the fabric of the Constitution.

Kudos to those in Silicon Valley and their decision to support our rights. It's the only winning move.

never use it

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
This all happened because they went way beyond any reasonable standard in acquiring information that had nothing to do with anything--our country has a history of respecting privacy--and a well established protocol for "snooping"--which the NIA trampled under foot--the American people are less than pleased--and I. for one, think slamming the door on the snoops is a great happening--I hope they had their fingers in the door when it slammed.
Stan

spooky2th

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
It is against state and federal laws for them to snoop on Americans like they do now. Plus it's none of their business. They abuse the info they get, using it to set-up and/or frame innocent people. The govt uses the info to manipulate individuals (blackmail in some cases) as well as the whole human herd. It is unconstitutional. The supreme court has ruled over & over (even since the mis-named Patriot Acts) that all police agencies are mandated to get a valid warrant to snoop on anyone and that they must follow the state laws in whichever state they are operating in. What it boils down to is that they (the govt) have no jurisdiction for most everything they are doing now but they do it anyways. Very criminal on the government's part! And totally out out of control!

Status
Not open for further replies.