Feedback on Laptop for World of Warcraft

Bahawolf

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
Hey there!

I'm returning to WoW soon, and I'm going to be gaming on a laptop. I know, I know.. "laptops are not for gamers!". If it were up to me, I'd build a desktop.. but my wife prefers a laptop, and she becomes Onyxia when her enrage ability procs. Seeing as I don't want to die, I'm sticking to a laptop. :)

I primarily game on consoles nowadays, with the exception being WoW. My wife may play Sims 4 from time to time on it. That's about it, so I don't need anything crazy. I'm hoping to achieve high / ultra settings in WoW (with the exception being raiding, if needed).

Nonetheless, I'm looking at this laptop right now for about $1500: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232202

I've always been a fan of Asus, and think it's a great deal for $1500. I guess I'm wondering how you guys think WoW would run on this. If you guys wish to recommend a different laptop, similar in price, that would be great as well!

Looking forward to returning to Azeroth!

Bahawolf

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Tiam,
Thanks for the feedback. I can run WoW on just about anything, but I'd like to run it efficiently at high / ultra settings. Knowing that the machine I've picked is overkill is great! When it comes to laptops, I'd rather there be room to grow, as there is little room to expand.

Do you have any other suggestions in terms of specific laptops that might be a better fit?

TiamB

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015